We have seen how the human brain processes visual information through iconic, short and long term memory. Pre-attentive attributes such as colour, length and position are visual properties that are processed very quickly in the sub-conscious memory. As data visualisers we can leverage pre-attentive attributes to focus our audience’s attention to highlight key performance issues.
- How to focus your audience’s attention in your data visualisations?
- Showing what is possible for data visualisation – a Tableau proof of concept
- Visually analysing the answers to why?
- Highlighting data trends with interactive visualisations
- Visualising American sleep patterns over time – but can we trust the data?