I wanted to try a different visual approach to show the trends by age and gender over time. I decided to use a distributed slope chart, with a take-away title and a subtle use of colour. I could have stacked the age groups into a single slope chart, but I felt this would look cluttered as there would probably be quite a lot of overlapping labels.
- Visualising American sleep patterns over time – but can we trust the data?
- Visualising my step count: bars and lines together add insights
- Which are the happiest countries? Visualising the top 10 countries on the Happy Planet Index
- Building KPI dashboards to monitor social media performance
- How can meat eaters reduce the environmental impact of their diet?